Friday, March 6, 2009

Hammersmith Gorillas

“You Really Got Me” / “Leavin’ Ome” [Raw, 1974]



Do you know what I’m holding in my hand? Never you mind that, my other hand. It’s a trophy from the North American High Kick championship… for SECOND PLACE. I know what you’re thinking, “second place? That doesn’t sound like you!” No kidding, but that won’t be happening again, because this year, they’re putting 5% more Lycra into denim, and I’m putting 100% more ass-kicking on the turntable.

What the legendary Jesse Hector and gang did with “You Really Got Me” a good four years before Van Halen gave it the exact same send-up is all well and good, but the b-side is where I really start clearing the cobwebs from my ceiling fan… WITH MY FOOT. So start with a few Dandayamana Dhanurasana's, hit play below, and make sure there’s nothing breakable in the room. See you on the podium.

"Leavin' Ome"


No comments:

Post a Comment